This course is designed for drivers who have been involved in a road traffic collision and delivers coaching to support them. Each course is adapted in content and format to meet each individual driver’s needs and circumstances.
Roadwise will gather as much information about a driver’s needs prior to the commencement of the training session by studying Collision Report data from the employer. To further tailor each session to a driver’s specific needs it is beneficial for any attendee to complete a pre-course online Fleet Driver Risk Indicator (FDRI) which will give the trainer more insight about their behavioural traits and potential hazardous actions of the driver.
Each session will commence with a question and answer session which helps to establish/reinforce the actual coaching needs of the driver.
By assigning drivers to this course, following their involvement in an road traffic collision, companies exercise their proactive Duty of Care and sound fleet risk management.
A Driver Development Report is subsequently compiled for the benefit of the driver and/or company representative in Training or Health and Safety.
By attending this coaching course your driver will be able to:
- Identify the root cause(s) of the original incident
- Recognise personal exposure to high risk situations
- Identify their own potential for conducting unsafe driving practices
- Develop personal coping strategies to avoid future collisions
- Learn how to overcome barriers and exercise safe driving behaviours and driving techniques
- Apply coaching advice specific to their individual needs and behavioural risks
- Be able to reduce the likelihood of being involved in a collision
The training is carried out on a 1:1 ratio over a half day or full day session.
Roadwise has established a team of quality trainers to deliver a Post Collision Course throughout the UK.
Our profits support the local charitable work of Aberdeen Foyer with homeless young people and enables people of all ages to take the next steps towards learning and employment.