Are you and your employees legal to tow?
Do your employees need to improve their skills and knowledge of trailer towing?
If your employees gained their car driving license on or after 1st January 1997, they are limited by law to:
- driving vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes maximum authorised mass (MAM);
- towing a trailer up to 750kgs, or
- a vehicle and trailer combination up to 3.5 tonnes MAM providing the MAM of the trailer does not exceed the unladen mass of the towing vehicle.
If you wish to tow a caravan or trailer combination which exceeds these weights they will need to pass an additional driving test in B+E.
Our professional Driving Instructors will work closely with each employee, using client led coaching techniques ensuring they are equipped with the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude required to safely tow a vehicle and/or pass the additional practical test.
Our trailer towing courses are adapted to each individual’s level of experience, making it cost efficient, with the towing driving test conducted at the end of the trailer towing training.
We provide information on how to book your test and can even help you through the process.
The towing test includes:
- Vehicle safety questions
- An off-road reverse manoeuvre
- Controlled stop
- Uncoupling and coupling of the trailer
- Driving on the road
Get in touch to find out more.